Since 2000, NCDC has been implementing different projects related to alternative and renewable energy promotion and usage in Eastern Development Region of Nepal in collaboration with Alternative Energy Promotion Center (AEPC) of Nepal Government. Till now, starting from zero year (i.e. 2000 AD) to 2017, the cost of AEPC’s projects we have implemented amount to near about NPR 400,000,000.
From the projects, NCDC has provided technical assistance (including social mobilization) in following outputs:
- Construction of 70 micro hydro
- Construction of 300 pico hydro
- Construction of 15 solar water pumping system
- Construction of 246303 Improve Cooking Stove (ICS). Download: ICS_Fact Sheet_NCDC_July 2017
Likewise, from Productive End Use (PEU) component in the same projects, NCDC has assisted individuals and groups in:
- Establishing (legal registration, business plan development training, skill development training etc.) 250 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). Under this, NCDC also has experience of organizing training for beauty parlor, cheese making, mobile repairing, etc.
- Initiating 486 different Income Generating Activities (IGAs)